Helping save lives every day – for decades.
LSR in use today
years LSR expected lifetime
years market experience
Safe for the patient. Safe for you.
The self-inflating, manual resuscitator enables assisted ventilation of patients of all ages, requiring total or intermittent ventilatory support. Ventilate in various positions while the transparent resuscitator allows for visual observation. Connect to external oxygen supply if needed.
Reliable – and reusable
LSR meets all regulatory demands and secures safe ventilation support with high-quality design and materials. Save time with easy assembly and decontamination, benefit from long-lasting value, and extend product life with available spare parts.
- Easy to operate: Lightweight, and easy to assemble/disassemble.
- Size option: Available in adult, pediatric and pre-term sizes.
- Visual support: Total transparency enables observation of lip color, secretion, vomit and fogging.
- Life-supporting desig: One-way patient valve, airtight sealed masks, see-through bag reducing risk of overinflation, pressure relief valve.
- Packaging option: Available in compact case for transport, display case for easy recognition or carton for practical storage.
- Traceable materials: LSR is made of high-quality materials specifically designed for medical use. Latex free
- Lasting value: The product is reusable and designed for long product life.
- Easy assembly
- Standard 15/22mm connectors
- HMEF filters with a 15M/22F connector will fit on the LSR
- Designed to prevent rebreathing of exhaled air
- 35cm H² 0 Pressure Relief Valve reduces risk of excessive ventilation pressure
- Long product life
- Can be high-level disinfected and sterilized
- Efficient integrated Intake/Reservoir Valve with reservoir bag ensures oxygen economy and increased oxygen concentration
- Foldable for compact storage to save space
- Available in three packaging configurations: carton, compact case and display case
- Easy decontamination minimizes cleaning time and reduces inventory needs
- Can be reused for years (with proper care)
Temperature and Environment
Operating Temperature Humidity -18˚C to 60˚C (0˚F to 140˚F) 15% to 95% rH
Long term Storage Temperature Humidity 40˚C to 70˚C (-40˚F to 158˚F) 40% to 95% rH
Ventilation Bag volume 1600 ml
Reservoir Bag volume 2600 ml
Attainable delivery volume approximately 800 ml
Ventilation Bag volume 500 ml
Reservoir Bag volume 600 ml
Attainable delivery volume approximately 320 ml
Ventilation Bag volume 240 ml
Reservoir Bag volume 600 ml
Attainable delivery volume approximately 150 ml
Regulatory Standards and Approvals
Laerdal Silicone Resuscitator meets the following Standards:
Europe: CE marked as Class IIa device in accordance with Council Directive 93/42/EEC Medical Device Directive, as amended by Council Directive 2007/47/EC.
USA: Cleared under 510(k) as a class 2 device.
Canada: Holds a class 2 medical device license.
The Laerdal Silicone Resuscitator is available in three sizes; adult, pediatric and pre-term.
The Adult model is intended for patients over 25 kg (55 lb.).
The Pediatric model is intended for patients from 2.5 kg (5.5 lb.) to 25 kg (55 lb.).
The Preterm model is intended for patients below 2.5 kg (5.5 lb.).
Technical service is not available for the Laerdal Silicone Resuscitator