Una experiencia de simulación interactiva para escenarios de pacientes psiquiátricos basados en evidenciasvSim® for Nursing | Mental Health
Nurses are the largest group of professionals providing mental health care - Are they prepared?
Despite resounding agreement among nurse educators about the importance of mental health education, there is often a question of just how to impact the right skills onto learners. Virtual simulation has increased in popularity because it can help to introduce mental health education in an interactive and realistic way.
The new vSim for Nursing Mental Health scenarios cover topics including:
- Alcohol Withdrawal
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Severe Anxiety
- Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood
Read Full Article
Using Virtual Simulation to Support Mental Health Education
Mental illness can be one of the biggest challenges that a nurse faces. Misdiagnosis is common in the realm of mental health, simply because symptoms can often materialize in different ways and at different times. Nurses can feel more confident in their ability to assess and diagnose a mentally-ill patient when they have an understanding of how certain mental illnesses present themselves, and the critical-thinking skills required to take an accurate patient history.
In this article, we discuss how training with a practical delivery mode, like virtual simulation, can better prepare nursing students to recognize mental illness and can promote a more favorable attitude toward patients with a mental illness.
- International Center for Clubhouse Development. (2018). Key facts about mental illness. Retrieved from http://www.iccd.org/keyfacts.html
- Farmer, R. (2016). How nursing schools are addressing the mental health crisis. Daily Nurse. Retrieved from https://dailynurse.com/nursing-schools-addressing-mental-health-crisis/